Saturday, November 17, 2012

update on the buy 1 get 1 free starbucks promo

 I shared on Thursday about the Starbucks buy-one-get-one-free holiday drink promotion going on this week, 2-5 p.m. each day up through Sunday, November 18th.

A friend from high school came over today, and we wanted to make good on that enticing deal! I was all set to add some pumpkin spice to my life, and her eyes fairly lit up with the promise of salted caramel mocha.

But alas!

It was not to be.

Apparently, the offer only applies to certain flavors - I'm not sure if it's different for cold drinks, but for the hot holiday flavors, only the first 3-4 are eligible. That's the Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread Latte and Creme Brulee Latte (and the Skinny Peppermint Mocha).

Perhaps Starbucks is simply trying to promote their new flavors, but I felt a little jipped and misled, especially with the hint of bitterness I couldn't get past in my Gingerbread Latte. I'm not calling sour grapes here, but if you go for the bogo free deal, I'd say go for the Creme Brulee Latte.

Now you know! Enjoy as an informed customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment