Monday, November 5, 2012

artist #oftheday: alberto macone

"dicembre" by Alberto Macone, born 1971
Came across an image on Pinterest and looked it up using Google Image Search (that little gray camera ico on the right side of the search bar). The original pin went to a Tumblr link; the artwork being so whimsical yet rather somber gave it such an interesting play of mood that I wanted to find a more direct link.

My search brought me to ArtOdyssey, which contained a short profile on the artist and a number of his lovely images in larger resolution.

Turns out the artist is Alberto Macone, a man actually working as an assistant professor in the Medicine and Pharmacy Department at La Sapienza University in Rome, Italy. He was actually born in NY though, so he possibly still retains U.S. citizenship? Anyway, I think it's wonderful that he's gone from having a biochemistry degree to exploring this other visual side in children's illustration, still doing both.

Macone has his own blogspot blog operating as his official site, which you can visit here. I located his official website through the snippet information in this online auction for Drawing Dreams Foundation (which, I'm guessing, is where ArtOdyssey got the info from).

Here is some more of his work - I really like the one with the man in the tie, "altrove," too:

   

   
   


My site Disclaimer & Discloure. Click through links for glorious full-size. Why do I only post image thumbnails of images that aren't mine? Read up on copyright and the unlikely but unfortunate odds of getting sued.

No comments:

Post a Comment